Friday, July 31, 2009

Unexpected pleasures

One facet of this trip that I really hadn't thought too much about is the amount of time I would be spending with my family. It's not like I travel a lot or anything, but through the week I leave early and get back at dinner time. And there is always work to be done around the house and such. Lots of things eating up my time, and keeping me from my family.

Ever since landing, we have been together almost 24/7. We get up together, eat together, work together, and play together. No home or car repairs needing my attention. And work is a few thousand miles away. We have experienced a lot as a family and I am certain we are creating memories that will last a lifetime.

The kids are usually wiped out by the end of the day and often just drop. Below are a few pictures when Jon and Ellie didn't make it all the way to bedtime. In one picture, Jon collapsed on Rachel. In what I believe was a unanimous decision, the kids decided she is the friendliest person they ever met. In the other picture, Jon is snoozing with Beanie..





4 comments:

  1. The balloon festival started last night. The girls and I almost always go out in the morning. The weather is usually the best for flying and there are less people. We get donuts or McDonalds, juice and coffee. Then watch the balloons drift thru the air. This year there was a Wizard of Oz balloon to mark the 70th anniversary of the movie. Keep enjoying the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Rachel was very nice. And I can personally say that your kids are exhausted after a day there:) I miss you all and i'm praying for you. Love Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, jon, mallory, ellie,
    Guess where Paige fell asleep??? On the 4wheeler! Me addie and Paige were on the blue on and mushe was on pink one. It was like 11pm and while on a ride Paige was behind me. I asked her a question and she didn't anwser me! WHAT??!!! I grabbed her arm behind me and it went limp! Ahhhhh! Paige! Freak me out!! Mean time mushe is mad were taking so long! What??!! So addie puts her in a bear hug and I squish them all the way back against the seat! We got back and Paige was OUT!! Next nite Paige fell asleep on golfcart! What can I say...Paige just can't hang with the big dogs!!!
    Love,
    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pictures !!!!!!!!!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter