Saturday, July 4, 2009

Preparing for VBS and update on my mom

We spent most of the day today preparing for VBS next week. Steve talked with Rosio, the director of the school on Friday and they decided that next week would be best for VBS. We were planning on doing it the week after next so it really threw me for a loop! We had to come up with everything from scratch. Our friend Michelle had some Spanish bible books and we chose David and Goliath. We came up with games and crafts for each day. We will also have a snack for the kids. We had lots of shopping to do today as well. Thankfully, Michelle came to help us. We feel pretty prepared now. Can't wait to go spend time teaching and loving on the kids.

Thank you for all of your prayers for my mom. It has been a long scary road but she is doing well now. She was taken back to the Cleveland Clinic by ambulance because the nurse caring for her was concerned about her breathing. It turned out that she was dehydrated and has fluid on her brain. They have been monitoring her closely. The MRI's have shown that the amount of fluid is not changing which is great. The doctor anticipates that it will dissipate on its own without further surgery. I talked to my aunt today and she said "we have your mom back!" Since the surgery she has had no memory and has not been able to put a sentence together. It has been very hard to talk to her when she doesn't even know my name. Today when my aunt went to see her she was herself again. It is like a switch in her brain just turned on! Yesterday my aunt said she didn't want me to talk to her because it would be upsetting and today she is my mom again. Amazing! So again thank you for your prayers - they were a great comfort to me through this time.

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    We're so glad your mom is doing better. We will continue to pray for her. I love the pictures!! Everybody is doing such a great job. It is wonderful to see God working through all of you this summer.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah God!! You must be relieved...it is so helpful reading the blog to pray for you guys. the pics are amazing! Your kids look like they are so engaged in what God is doing there through them...
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! So glad to hear your mom is doing better - Thank you God!!! Have loved reading the blogs and the pictures are amazing. Dinese

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very glad that your mom is doing better Michelle. I was so worried about her.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter