Friday, July 24, 2009

God is Everywhere

Yesterday, it seemed like everywhere I went I saw things that reminded me that God is everywhere. Most of the people in our group met their Compassion kids yesterday. At first, I felt a little out of place because I don't have a sponsor child here. My sponsor child is in Haiti. I didn't want to go up to anyone because I didn't want to interfere on their one-on-one time with their kids. As the day went on, I watched everyone with their kids. It was such a beautiful sight. The kids were attached to them. Almost all of them ran up to us when we first got there. They were so loving towards our group and were so grateful we were there. I saw God in all of them. So, it didn't matter that I didn't have a child here. God still showed me His love through everyone else.

We took the kids to the Teleforico, which is the place where you can take cable cars up the hill (or should I say, mountain) and there's also an amusement park there. The ride in the cable car was a ton of fun and a little nerve racking. When we got to the top, the view was incredible. We were so close to the clouds I could almost touch them. As I was walking around, I looked down a little ravine and saw a church. It was very small and had very intricate stained glass windows. I saw a sign that said there was a mass held every Saturday. A little church up in the mountains of Ecuador. Another example of how God is everywhere. Today is our VBS. Pray that everything goes well.
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter