Tuesday, July 21, 2009

LDP,CSP, HIL

So, today we visited everywhere in Quito that was three letters long. I'll tell about each.

1> LDP is a program that Compassion Kids go into as they get older to get stronger education and things like that. We got to meet a few kids over dinner from LPD. We went to Extreme Response and had some Dominos Pizza. And I will tell you one thing that when you stay here for 4 weeks with not a slice of American food, it tastes really good to have some good ol' Domino's.

2>CSP is the Child Survival Project. This is for young kids. So basically kids can't get into Compassion until they are about 4 years old, and people we figuring out that a lot of kids weren't making it until they were old enough. So those "people" started Child Survival Project.

3>HIL is my version of HILL because I needed some more three letters to make the title sound good. I put hill because we went to a hill with a very awkward statue on top. When we got there I noticed what it was. It was a statue of Mary stepping on the devil's head. It was very awkward and I needed more stuff to write about. So there it is hope you like. If you read this please comment so I know how many people are actually reading. Thanks!


Matt

11 comments:

  1. Hi Matt,

    I read the blogs everyday and I really appreciate what all of you write. It hleps us understand all that you are seeing and doing. And, often, you make me laugh! Glad you enjoyed the pizza!

    Love,
    Uncle Net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading your amazing blog posts!! You're a good writer. Glad to hear Adam is feeling better.
    Miss Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read everyday sometimes even twice a day. I love hearing about your adventures and all about the children. Keep up the good work. We are so proud of you guys!!!!
    LOVE MUSHE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Mateo. Estoy leyendo su blog ahora porque estoy aburrida en mi trabajo. Pero los blogs son muy comico y me gusta mucho leyerlos!
    Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sounds like it's a blast, Hope you have more fun like that and it was fun talking to you on the phone. I hope to see you soon!
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Matt ... I'm keeping up on your blogs--and I'm enjoying them very much. It's amazing the work you are doing there, and your writing is great!

    Julianne, escribes muy bien en espanol. Lo estas estudiando en el colegio?

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Si estudio en el colegio!
    Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi from the dinkos, this is matt. glad you got some pizza, hope everything is going well. shriohm says don't drink the water!

    hello, this is alecia. me and my parents were in china for 3 weeks, and i totally feel your pain for missing american pizza. we ate everything off a lazysusan with chop sticks. pizza was a warm welcome on that side of the world too. can you send a picture the akward statue on the HIL? goodbye and i wish you well. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL @ Matt wanting to know if anyone is reading !!!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Matt! I catch up on the blogs and love to find out about your experiences! I may not respond alot - but per your request...YES - I am reading! ~ Miss Dinese

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi matt,
    Close your eyes matt and just soak it all in!!! Than u will always have a piece of equador with u every where u go! Travel should be mandatory!! The different people, culture, food,etc. YOU will be a different person MATT upon your return! All the things we take for granted, clean food-water, education, etc. THEY r lucky ucame into there lives! YOU r even more lucky they came into yours!!!
    BUBBA
    P.s. Where has the supermodel been?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter