Wednesday, July 8, 2009

He Knows My Name

We got to church early last week and the worship team was still practicing. They were making mistakes and working out some issues, and it was very cool to see. Very real, genuine. I appreciated our worship time even more as I felt like I was more connected with them.

When you are in a strange place, even familiar things can seem different. We sang He Knows My Name and it was almost like I had never heard it before. The lyrics jumped of the screen, especially the line "no matter where I go."

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands
I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

The message was about our prayer life and the pastor made one great point that I want to share. He brought up some of the popular Christian figures that have received much attention lately for their indiscretions. But instead of questioning their faith or integrity, he simply made the assumption that their prayer life could not have been as it should be.

Isn't that that truth? If we come clean before God and ask Him to show us where we are going wrong, He will. James tells us that He will grant us wisdom if we just ask for it. So if life's not blowing us kisses, maybe we should be asking God before we try to fix it ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter