Monday, July 20, 2009

A recap of the first few days in Ecuador

The first few days down here have flown by! The travel day was long, and I have never been so happy to see my Aunt and Uncle and Cousins in my life! When the bus pulled up to the apartment the kids came running out to see us, it was great!

Sunday morning we went to church, it was an amazing time of worship, the message was a little hard to understand due to translation, but the music brought tears to my eyes, it was so genuine and different from anything in the States. We went to the mall for lunch, all i can say is that pizza hut never tasted better, sometimes little reminders of home are what you need! We then went to the park and played with some street kids, went to the market and then went to dinner. Once we got back to the house and the kids were asleep, Kathleen Elizabeth Aunt Michelle and I stayed up and talked for 3 hours!

Today we painted at the school and played soccer with the kids. It was great to get to meet some of the neighborhood kids and play with them. Let me just say that these kids are AMAZING at soccer and their young too!

Below is a picture of me with a little boy named Jimmy who I met at the school!

Much Love
Hannah

1 comment:

 
Site Meter