Sunday, July 12, 2009

Holy Hill















This morning I was sitting on the roof reading Psalm 15:

Lord, who may dwell in your sanctury?
Who may live on your holy hill?


The rest of the Psalm lists the characteristics of such a man, then finishes:

He who does these things will never be shaken.

So I am reading that and saying "Yeah, that's what I want. Not to simply visit ocassionally, but to dwell in the presence of God, on His Holy Hill." Then I looked up to see this. Wow. Ever since I set foot in Quito I have longed to climb to the top, but this put a whole new perspective on it.

But then I noticed something else. On the left side there is a cable car known as the Teleferico. This contraption takes you to the top in about 8 minutes. It would probably take me all day to climb to the top, but this thing will wisk me there in minutes. Is this what my faith looks like sometimes? Do I want to take shortcuts and expect results, instead of spending the time that I know I should in prayer and study? Am I willing to do the hard work of growing my relationship with Him or am I looking for the easy way?

3 comments:

  1. TV,

    The Lord has gifted you in your ability to share insights from Scripture. I am blessed to know you and be your sister.

    Love,
    Net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Steve. Thanks for sharing your experience about Holy Hill. Sure put things in perspective this evening here at home. God isn't just using you in Quito, he's using you here too! Blessings & keep blogging. Linda Benson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this !!!!!
    Get's ya thinking.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter