Friday, July 17, 2009

Things are looking up...

It has been a long week for us. Adam woke up sick last Saturday. I think he had the flu. You don't really need the details but after a few days I was beginning to get very concerned. The other night I asked Steve if it was bad that I wanted to go home. As a mom I just wanted to take Adam to HIS doctor and get OUR medicine from home and let him be in OUR house where he is comfortable. I really had to pray and let God be in control of the situation. That is one of those things that could put me over the edge if I let it. I am not a big worrier - unless it involves my children. So.....I prayed alot. The more I prayed the more at peace I was. This morning he woke up and was himself again. He is taking it easy - but feeling much better. Psalm 9:10-11 says "The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.." The Message says it this way: "God's a safe house for the battered, a sanctuary during bad times. The moment you arrive, you relax; you're never sorry you knocked." I am so glad that He is with me through the good and the bad. I could not have gotten through the issues with my mom's health or Adam's illness on my own, but with Him I am strong. Thank you Jesus.

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    It's Jan (Annette's friend). Your trip sounds amazing. You are such a good mom. Sick kids always bring me to my knees so I can understand your concern. We'll keep praying for you and your family. Bet you're excited to see the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Adam (and Michelle) are feeling better !!!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter