Friday, July 17, 2009

Extol Him

I have been studying Psalm 34 this week. It starts out like this:

I will extol the LORD at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the LORD;

let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

The way I read this, when God is moving in my world I need to tell somebody. My very core must be proclaiming His name and bragging about what He has done. And, yes, many may think I am nuts because they don't understand. But when my words reach the person that has lost all hope, it will be exactly what they need. And they will be blessed, simply because I have shared what God is doing in my life.

It continues in verse 3:

Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt His name together.

To me that is a clear call to grab a brother or sister and make sure the folks in your world know how you roll. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter