Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ecuador By: Adam

Ecuador is a place that is poor, and rich at the same time. Where we live in Ecuador is rich, but the people up in the mountains have absolutely nothing. But those people are always happy, and are always enjoying themselves. For example, the group from River Tree and my family went down to a family's house with a translator to see what the conditions they are dealing with in their house.So when we got to the family`s house, it only had one room and they were happy with everything they had. They said that they were renting the house for around 30 dollars a month, and for them, that`s a lot. The mother was only 16 years old, but she was married, so that was a relief. At the end of the " tour" of their house we asked them what they want us to pray about, and all they asked for was that GOD would stay in their hearts. And I thought that was amazing. So most of the people that are poor are happy.

The Dump is a place that a lot of people that are poor work at. They get paid for everything they recycle, they don`t get paid much. Most of the workers have children, so ER started a daycare so that all of the children aren't left at home all day. So this weak we are going to the daycare everyday to play with the kid so the teachers get a break. When we went to the daycare today, one of the kids remembered me from last time and screamed my name and ran to hug me. His name is Jhonathan. He plays with me every day, so he really likes me. So now I have him as a friend and about five others! That`s because I played and made friends with the others!So that was fun.

Alright that's all that i`m going to write, but hopefully I will write some more, so keep reading!

Adam




4 comments:

  1. Hey adam!
    I loved your blog. It was very well written but it still sounds like you! I miss you all very much and can't believe that summer is almost over. I can't wait to see you w=once your home.
    Love Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam great to hear from you. you are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work.
    We miss you and can't wait to see you.
    Love Mushe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam,
    Is that picture of you and your friend Jhonathan?
    I remember playing with him for a long time the day we went to the dump. He had a cold the day I was there and wasn't feeling too well.
    I played with him with jacks and a ball for a while. I'm glad to see you made friends with him.
    Kim K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam.
    What a great blog !!! I especially like the part where "It was a relief" that the 16 year old girl was married.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter