Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ciao from Ecuador

Well it is very hard to believe, but our bags are packed and we are headed home at 3AM. It seems like only last week that we were discussing if this trip was even possible.

We have seen incredible things, met amazing people and made some great new friends. This trip was a success in so many ways, I can't even begin to list them all. I know that going back home is going to be a shock to all of us. Life is much simplier here, and I love it.

I will leave you with my favorite quote of the trip. We were with Dan Maloy from Extreme Response one day and we were asking where he was from and such. He told us he was from Akron and we were all surprised. We travelled thousands of miles from home and the guy we are riding with used to live 20 miles from us. Adam asked Dan which place was more fun to live in, Ohio or Ecuador. Dan thought for a moment, and then answered "I enjoy life more in Ecuador." Isn't that great?

Even though this is an amazing place, I don't think it is just the fact that he is in Ecuador that makes life more enjoyable. I think it has a lot to do with living on the mission field. I know I just wake up different here. My first thoughts are not about work and stuff, but more about what God might have in store for us today. I think more about people and making the most out of the day rather than just getting through it.

I can't wait to get home and start applying some of the things that I have learned here.

Adios from the middle of the world!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back! We can't wait to see all of you!! :)

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter