Friday, June 26, 2009

My mom's surgery

For those of you who don't know my mom had brain surgery today. Yes, the day after we left. I couldn't believe it either. We found out a few weeks ago and I was really struggling with leaving. After her encouraging me we decided not to change our plans. She has epilepsy and her seizures have become more frequent and violent recently. After lots of tests they found a tumor deep in her left temporal lobe which they did successfully remove today. My sister called about noon and said that it went well. The tumor is benign and no problems were encountered. She should be moved to a step down unit with the possibility of going home Tuesday - after major brain surgery - God is good! Although being so far away was incredibly difficult I learned a valuable lesson about trusting in my God. I know that he was with her and her doctors. That was a great comfort to me. Thanks to all of you who were praying for her. That was also a great comfort. Please continue to pray for her recovery.
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you guys are there safely and your mom's surgery went well. Been thinking about and praying for you guys on and off all day!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aunt Michelle
    I was praying for guys today. i'm glad to know that you are safe and sound. tommorrow me and mom are going down to grammy and bob-bob's. love you all and can't wait to see you all soon
    LOVE Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everybody. We're realy glad to hear your mom's surgery went well, and that all of you have made it safely. I love Ellie's comment about heaven. We'll be praying for you and look forward to reading about your adventures each day.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everybody! I miss you all!! Michelle i am so glad your mom is doing good but keep posted on if she is seizure free! The pictures are beautiful. Have you been to the school yet? how was it? The most important question is has Steve changed his clothes yet? I wasn't incharge of packing his suit case! I am so proud of you guys and my prayers are with you! Love you guys very much. MUSHE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Mushe! I was worried over the weekend about my mom. She thought her last name was Callahan and didn't know who my Aunt Margaret was. She was very swollen above her eye. But today they sent her home! She has progressively been getting better. I haven't talked to her since Saturday night and she was very confused then so I am anxious to talk to her. I feel much better now that they are sending her home. We will go to the school tomorrow for the first time. I can't wait. Will post pics. Steve has done pretty well with the clothing issue. He did surprisingly well packing on his own. Love you and miss you too! Michelle

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter