Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lessons at the Beach

We spent last week at the beach. What a great place to take in Creation. You can almost see God's hand in the ocean, sand, animals and sky. Doesn't look like an accident to me.
The kids had a blast playing in the surf. The younger ones always pushing the limits of how far out they could go like the big kids. Jonny loved challenging the big waves, running back up the beach just beyond the crashing. He was unfazed by the millions of gallons of water rushing at him with unimaginable force. At one point when he got too far in, his mom yelled for him to get back. He turned around and said "What? Dad's right there!" I was in fact standing only a few feet away and a 7 year old can get a lot of courage when dad is standing near by. Jonny doesn't have much fear, but knowing I was at the ready to pluck him from the water if needed certainly bolstered his confidence.
While taking this all in, I was struck by the parallel. He is fearless when facing this extreme danger, knowing that Dad is by his side if trouble does arise. So why do I let the challenges of life get me down when I have my Heavenly Father forever by my side, just waiting for me to call on Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter