Monday, June 22, 2009

All dogs go to heaven?

Is this true or is it something Walt Disney made up? I need to know. I had to put down one of my best friends after almost 14 years this morning and it really sucks. I had some tough conversations with my kids and every one of them ended in tears. Brandy had been part of the family longer than any of them have even been alive.
I don't want any theological debate over whether dogs have souls (yours may not, but mine did), I just want to know if we will get to play again someday.

3 comments:

  1. And as I knelt beside the brook
    To drink eternal life, I took
    A glance across the golden grass,
    And saw my dog, old Blackie, fast
    As she could come. She leaped the stream-
    Almost-And what a happy gleam
    Was in her eye. I knelt to drink,
    And knew that I was on the brink
    Of endless joy. And everywhere
    I turned I saw a wonder there.---John Piper

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and the lion with lie down with the lamb...."
    here on earth the lion eats the lamb, so where.......

    -rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, my heart goes out to you, Steve and the kids. I am praying that you will find peace and healing as you serve Him on your trip to Quito.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter