Sunday, June 28, 2009

Empty Me

We went to an english-speaking church this morning. The message was just OK for me, but the worship was great. I did not know most of the songs, but sometimes following along with the lyrics on the screen hits you even harder.

Then we sang Empty Me. Gotta love having some Jeremy Camp in Ecuador!
"Holy Fire burn away, my desire for anything that is not of you and is of me." Pastor Martin recently taught us how it is not about merely decreasing our own desires and ambitions, but dying to self at the foot of the cross. We looked at a bunch of examples in the Bible of complete and total surrender. Proverbs 3:6 took on a whole new look for me. "In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Not most of them or only the ones that I think He needs to be involved with. God is not interested in half-stepping or partial commitments.

We finished with If You Want Me To by Ginny Owens. That one is worth looking up if you are not familiar with it. http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/g/ginnyowens1650/ifyouwantmeto78322.html

2 comments:

  1. TV,

    I have loved that Ginny Owens song for a long time. Thanks for reminding me of it.
    Love you and yours~

    Net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Scharios!
    Glad to hear that you made it and that Michelle's mom's surgery went well. I love the kids' blogs and look forward to reading more about your adventure.
    Blessings,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter